Saturday, October 28, 2017

Do you have spiritual GPS?


You're lost. You're driving around. You're not sure if you're going east or west. Maybe you took that turn back a couple of miles ago you shouldn't have. This isn't good. This neighborhood is looking bad. It's getting dark. Then you remember you've got a GPS unit in the glove compartment. You plug it in and hit the "Home" button.

"Turn right in 200 yards. Turn left, go 400 yards, stay to the right, then take the highway..."

And just like that you're going in the right direction. You're not home yet but you're not lost either. Yes, you're going in the right direction. And it feels good. You relax.

What's the home button in your life?

For me it's prayer. It's when I finally stop trying to find my way in life and look up and say, 'Hey, my way isn't working. What should I be doing, where should I be headed?' That for me is like a spiritual GPS. It might not get me home quite yet, but it gets me back heading in the right direction. It gets me out of that bad neighborhood and going to some place safer, some place good, some place with purpose. And yeah, it feels good.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by