Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Anybody ever tell you you can't do something?

     This from Mike Alstott (former NFL football player):

I'm a never-say-never type of person, you know what I mean? Always believe in your abilities to do whatever you want to do. It's a mindset. A lot of people told me I couldn't be who I am today. I'm a guy who says if you want to do something and you have dreams, you have to have that confidence and believe in yourself and work hard. I've lived that.
     Life is too short to listen to other people when it comes to what's important to you. Friend, life is hurtling by. Don't waste a precious second believing other people when they discourage you from pursuing your dreams. This from a Jimi Hendrix song:


I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
   
     That's it. You're going to be facing the end by yourself, so you might as well do what you want while you still can.
     But what about what your parents want? Or how about your friends? Maybe they don't like the way you're living. Your school thinks you should give more money to them. Your pastor thinks you should be an usher. The president wants you to volunteer.
     Forget about it. Live your own life. And don't feel guilty about doing so either. C'mon. Get started. Right now. The clock is ticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by