Monday, February 18, 2013

What to do when things go against you.

     Ever feel like you're the only one who hasn't figured it all out? I'm feeling that way right now. The key for me though is not giving up at times like this.
     Check this out from Chin-Ning Chu's Thick Face, Black Heart.


It is within the process of endurance that opportunity reveals itself. Opportunity always exists within a crisis situation, but when we lose heart in a devastating crisis, we are blinded by our own emotion. When we can calmly endure the unendurable, the opportunity for a better alternative surfaces and reveals itself.

     I don't know how many times that statement has proven itself. Even on the golf course. The times I'm dragging my bones around, convinced I'll never be any good, when everybody else is gone, and I'm out there with the moon coming up and the mosquitoes swarming my sweaty body, and if I don't give up, THAT'S when the breakthroughs come.
    Next time you're tempted to give up DON'T. You're a heartbeat away from a breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by